About

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Velvet Love






Top // Cotton On 
Velvet Skirt // Forever 21 
Shoes // Taiwan Street Night Market
Stone Choker // Lovisa 

Hi everyone! I'm writing from Melbourne, because I'm on an exchange programme here for a few months. But don't worry, we will still have posts coming up for you guys, so yeap I'm still around here! Anyway, I'm so into this outfit right here! It's super simple, yet put together at the same time, I would totally pair this with a parka or leather jacket for the colder weather here. 

I love everything velvet, and I have a particular love towards unique cloth materials, like sequins, velvet, suede, and leather. They're just so special! Though I understand they are pretty bold pieces and can be rather difficult to style, but the trick is to pair something of another texture with these heavy pieces, especially with light materials like cotton, chiffon, silk, the list goes on. That's exactly what I did! Paired this electric blue velvet skirt with a striped cotton t-shirt, and it came out perfect. The striped top also went well with the solid blue at the bottom. 

Hope you guys liked this post, and it gave you some inspiration on how to pair your bold pieces! 
// Jenny

11 comments:

  1. Love your skirt!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! Yes it is a rare find but it's just so unique. And I'm totally in love with your blog! Really great and amazing layout you got there. :) //Jenny

      Delete
  2. Sweet^^

    Lilu's Voyage
    http://lilusvoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet compliment Lilu! :) //Jenny

      Delete
  3. Such a great outfit I love it ;) Wanna follow for follow??

    http://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thanks Barbara! Yeah sure, we would love to :) Just follow us and we will follow you right back!! //Jenny

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Melissa! Appreciate your compliment :) //Jenny

      Delete
  5. I love this outfit, the two look amazing together! I really like your blog, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Adele! That sounds great, we we would definitely like to follow you :) Great content in your blog girl! //Jenny

      Delete